What Is The Point?

Hey there. I haven’t been writing much lately. It’s an issue I’m always having to deal with in my life. You know, a 'writer' that doesn't write. Too many other interests. But for the past few years I’ve been getting whatever need I have to express myself out of my system via book reviews on Goodreads. It's great because don’t really expect others to read them, and I don’t feel the pressure to spend four hours a day running from blog to blog in order to reciprocate a visit from someone that was kind enough to drop by to see me. Doing that for a few years made blogging way too stressful.

But over the past year or so I’ve had a few things pop up that made me really want to dive into a topic. I didn’t want that to be part of my old blog, as that was more general in nature, and meant to lure (i.e., trick) people into making me a famous author, somehow. I never quite figured that one out. Regardless, I have unpopular opinions and I didn’t want that to alienate people. On top of that, there was a lot of pressure of trying to update it on a regular schedule.

The goal, I think, explicitly stated in the blog title as a place for me to rant, is really to give me a forum to unload about whatever is really under my skin at any given time. Religion, politics, whatever. I have these insights at times that seem genius to me, but maybe they are nonsense, I’m not really sure until I start writing them out. Then I can get a look and see if they hold up as genuine insights, or if they’re just alcohol-induced blubbering.

So, another blog. That’s three for me. Two defunct, and one where I’m promising to be erratic. I dunno. Seems about right for something I’d do. Can't wait to dive in. What could possibly go wrong?

A metaphor 

Comments